Moving & Packing Tips
- Organise your parking for the van or vans.
- Make your booking at least one week in advance.
- Always supply as much information about the move as possible.
- If you are unsure if all your furniture will fit in the van, ask for a bigger van, or a second van.
- Confirm all details before you start loading.
- Make sure all the boxes are taped up at the bottom and can take the weight.
- Do not make the boxes to heavy (Approx. Max 20kg) or you will require a two man lift (Health and Safety).
- Try to complete your packing before the crew arrive, especially if you pay per hour.
- Try to limit the number of boxes or bags you have by using bigger boxes. This will greatly reduce your loading and unloading time and save you money, especially if there are stairs involved.
The crew will always load furniture first, and then square, stackable, same size boxes and then soft or odd shape items. To make the move quicker ensure that these type of boxes are available first.
Always ensure that there is a clear passage for the crew to come in and out of the house, this again will save time.